Friday, September 14, 2012

Vintage Ads

I was sitting here this morning waiting for the rain to stop so I could go to the store. I mean really, I might melt if I go out in it! That is the excuse I gave myself anyway, I hate going to the store and will grasp any excuse I can to keep from it. While I was wasting time and waiting a friend called me to ask me to look up something for him on the computer. He is old school and doesn't have a computer. He doesn't even have a cell phone! I panic if my cell phone isn't in the same room with me. But that's me,  things like that don't seem to bother him. He wanted me to look up the value of an old record album. In the process of doing this, I came across an old weight loss advertisement. Don't ask me how I got from a record album to a weight loss ad because I haven't a clue. Google search engine still boggles my mind. You type in one thing and it comes up with something completely different. Since I am easily distracted, I started searching for vintage ads. I came up with every ad you can imagine. They ranged anywhere from kind of cute to disgusting to degrading to racist to sexist to disturbing and anywhere between. I find it hard to believe that some of these were real. People talk about how good the good old days were but if this is a sampling of those so called good old days then I am glad I wasn't around then. Below are just a few of the vintage ads I came across. With a few sarcastic remarks thrown in. Now I guess I better get back to looking for that record album. Laterz!

If it could only be this easy!
I don't think I want to lose weight that badly
               

Here I have been smoking the wrong brand!!
We wouldn't want our big strong man to have a shabbily dressed wife now would we?


The prequel to 50 Shades Of Grey??

Nothing like a family business

A Pakistan International Airlines ad from 1979. Creepy!!

whatever!!

OMG! Really?!?!?

So our parents were druggies as children?

Now that is just wrong on so many levels.

I would show him just how to tie that tie too!!


Alrighty then

Wow,...just..wow!

Nothing like multitasking

How thrilling......NOT!


This world is crammed pact with beautiful women

Every girls dreams of wearing fur coat

Another one that is just wrong on so many levels

degrading

oh yeah, because that looks so much better than a bald head

ok now raise the skillet over your head and drop it on his!


Ok I am running out of sarcastic remarks to make

x rated car ad?

wow

Were there ever any women working in the ad department?

another x rated ad

50 Shades of Coffee



No comments:

Post a Comment